Forgotten stories, woke up again

사회부 0 56

스크린샷 2024-10-11 072335.png

On the day Han Kang won the Nobel Prize in Literature, I opened the window and breathed in the fresh morning air. The outside world was living its daily life as usual, but there was a strange tremor in my mind. At a time when the age of web novels and webtoons seemed to have lost their place in the humanities, the news of her win came like a rain falling on the parched earth. Han Kang's name has now become a shining milestone in Korean literature, illuminating the world.

However, there was another existence behind it. He translated the works of Deborah Smith and Han Kang and passed them on to world readers. Deborah was a scholar who studied English-American literature in Oxford, England and Korean literature in SOAS, University of London. If it wasn't for her, *the vegetarian* might still be trapped inside the fence of the Korean language today. The collaboration these two women created was a bridge that goes beyond just literature, breaking down the boundaries of language and culture and resonating the emotions of the world.

There are still precious writings hidden in the world. How important it is to reveal them to the world and turn them into language of emotions. Literature has not disappeared. However, we have entered an era where it is difficult for our senses to feel the depth of literature. Han Kang's award was the starting point of that new possibility.

The process by which the Nobel Prize in Literature is chosen is mysterious. Every January, countless nominees from all over the world are quietly listed. The names are read, discussed, and forgotten by only a few. And in October, on a day of high-profile global attention, the winner's name is called. But discussions, reviews, and all the information surrounding this process are kept secret for 50 years. This closed-door procedure rather heightens the prize's authority. What logic and algorithm is it determined by, the Nobel Prize in Literature?

I'm curious about the logic that sometimes moves the hearts of Nobel committee members. How they are moved by what text and how they reach their decision. They will probably respond to the depth of the work, the artist's insight into humanity's universal experiences, and above all, the true feelings. We will be touched again when a winner emerges from an unexpected place. The world's stunning moments.

I decided to believe in the power of literature once again when I was heartened by the news of Han Kang's award. And that morning, I also dreamed that I could face such a moment along the Han River's journey, recalling the stories like gem that still remain unknown in the world. When asked again by the Nobel Prize for Literature, I reflected on the answers I would write in my heart.

Like Elise Monroe, I decided to keep those moments and not let them slip away casually.

Author: Kim Dohyung is a writer

I like practical emotional writing that empowers people who are facing a crisis in life and brings motivation and new hope by providing new trends and information.

-Gyeongbuk Media News' Fixed Column Series of Today's Words

-motivational coaching storytelling writer

-Leadership Recommendation Column in the Era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution

-Gyeongbuk Storytelling Club Contest Selection (2019)

-Naver Knowledge iN Knowledge Partner Resource Counselor (2013~)

-Newcomer in the essay category of the current affairs group (2013)

-One book, Gumi Movement 2012 and 2013 won the prize

"Morning Glory" is a creative section for e-book publishing. The deadline is to write every morning (5 a.m. to 9 a.m.), and we aim to create creative writing with the inspiration we feel when we wake up after a good night's sleep.

Writing every day has many positive effects beyond just improving your writing skills. Constant writing is deeply involved in our lives in many ways: creativity, self-expression, emotional stability, and improved thinking skills.

In principle, the first publication of participating writers will be published 100 times, and e-books will be published after the final editorial meeting. E-books are published through Kmong, Taling, Bookk, and U-paper, paving the way for you to become a debut writer.

Inquiries about participating writers (fower_im@naver.com , 010-3546-9865)

스크린샷 2024-08-11 155405.png

《세계금궁스포츠협회 오늘의 말》10년을 두고 이루고자 하는 목표는 반드시 이루어진다. > 칼럼 > 한국유통신문 (youtongnews.com)

스크린샷 2024-06-14 172010.png

<저작권자(c)한국유통신문. 무단전재-재배포 금지> 

기사제보 및 사회적 공헌활동 홍보기사 문의: 010-3546-9865, flower_im@naver.co

검증된 모든 물건 판매 대행, 중소상공인들의 사업을 더욱 윤택하게 해주는

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기
  • 카카오스토리로 보내기
  • 네이버밴드로 보내기

Comments